Peavey T-40 Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

both pick up problem

2 posters

Go down

both pick up problem Empty both pick up problem

Post  Bassfreakuk Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:14 am

Hey guys, this is my 1st post here and i hope you can help.

right i got this bass about 6 months ago, found it in an old house i was clearing out but it needed a new pick up selector switch put in to it, i have now done this but when the switch is in the middle it only seems like one pick up is working.....what could be causing this? both pick ups work on there own but just cant seem to get them both working at the same time!

PLEASE HELP Sad

Thanks a lot for your time.

Bassfreakuk

Back to top Go down

both pick up problem Empty Re: both pick up problem

Post  Bassfreakuk Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:24 am

just done the tap test and its the bridge pick up that does not work.

Bassfreakuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bassfreakuk Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:12 am

took it apart re did the solder joints and both pick ups work Very Happy happy bunny...... i forgot to mention last time but i noticed as i changed the switch that on the back of the pick guard there was what looked like a signature, a written CF and the exact date of production!! the year was 1979...... i wonder who signed it! nice but of history. the problem i have now is though that when the phase switch is in the middle i cant get any sound from the bridge pickup, im guessing this is not normal.

5 mins after posting this the bridge pick up has cut out again!

Bassfreakuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottpro1969 Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:37 pm

dang Crying or Very sad that sucks!

Welcome to the forum though! I'd take it to a tech. Sounds like some weird stuff going on. I've never heard of any of the T-40 pickups dying so it's gotta be the switch or something. Cold solder joint? Please keep us informed about the progress of this!

Scott

Scottpro1969
Admin

https://t40mafia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bassfreakuk Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:58 am

i figured out it was the foil in the cavity touching the switch causing it to short! but i still have the problem with the phase switch!......unfortunately i do not have the money to see a tech but im quite clued up is electronics. i cant figure out though whats causing the bridge pick up to drop off when the pick up selector switch is in the middle with the phase switch... i was hoping someone here might have an idea of whats going on.

But thanks Scott for the welcome!

Bassfreakuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum